Email Sign Up
Canadian Administrators of Volunteer Resources (CAVR), Canada’s national association for Administrators of Volunteer Resources, is raising the bar and moving our profession forward with a new certification partnership with the Council for Certification of Volunteer Administrators (CCVA). This is an incredible opportunity to earn an internationally recognized professional designation in Volunteer Administration. This important step will ensure that professional competencies for administrators of volunteers are in alignment with the new Canadian National Occupational Standards (NOS) that were released by the HR Council of the Non Profit Sector and CAVR in June 2012.
Due to AVRBC’s affiliate agreement, AVRBC/CAVR members are eligible to access the new international certification program.
• Clarifies and articulates personal values and professional ethics
• Identifies areas of skill or knowledge you would like to strengthen
• Assess personal expertise against standards or performance
• Enhances self-esteem through peer recognition
• Increases confidence in problem-solving skills
• Increases personal and professional credibility
CAVR Exclusive Member Benefits:
Receive substantial discounts on registration
Access to webinars and mock exams
Access to the handbook
Receive a post certification package
Ongoing advocacy and support via CAVR
Special incentive discount for CAVR certified members
To apply for certification, you must have:
• Minimum of the equivalent of 3 years of full-time experience related to volunteer administration. This experience can be a combination of several part-time positions, and can include both salaried and non-salaried roles.
• Minimum of 30 percent of current position related to volunteer administration.
• Two letters of professional recommendation from supervisors or colleagues, verifying the candidate’s appropriateness as a candidate.
All successful candidates receive a CVA - certified in Volunteer Administration credential.
More information about the certification process may be found by visiting the CAVR website at http://www.cavrcanada.org/About_Certification.html.