Code of Ethics
An AVRBC member shall:
- Recognize the dignity, rights, worth and potential of each individual.
- Be an advocate of volunteerism.
- Respect confidentiality in relationships with clients, volunteers and staff.
- Use information obtained through professional relationships in a responsible manner.
- Update and upgrade skills in the field of Volunteer Administration in order to achieve professional excellence.
- Share knowledge and experience for the benefit of the profession as a whole.
- Promote ethical practices in all aspects of Volunteerism.
- Adhere to the policies and support the goals of the organization in which the member serves.
- Actively support the Administrators of Volunteer Resources BC.